Saturday 10 April 2010

Where the heck is MANCHESTER? ( special dedication to deutchers and dubliners :) )

Hello hello to all,

I have a 'thrilling' story to share today. It's adrenaline rush...literally. :) This story took place a week ago.

Location: Dublin airport
Time : 4 am
Feelings: Overwhelmed
Clothes : Baju bapak
Characters: Yasirah, Ili, Wahida

We were in Dublin for our spring break ( besides Amsterdam , Germany, and Oslo ) and our flight was on 6.30 am. So we arrived super early, 4 am and after went through security checks, Ili ( acha mahibeh! ) suggested to finish off our euro coins and we agreed to have a drink at Butler's ( fuhhh, sedap terlalu sampai tak tau nak cakap apa ).



So we drank there, had a few laughs walaupun mata separa kuyu sebab terlalu mengantuk. Then, we decided to wait at the waiting area at the departing gate. So I checked the timetable on the airport screen. Hmmm..6,30 am , manchester...6.30 am Manchester. My eyes checked the list one by one. Then, I saw..

''Manchester, 6.30 am, Gate 306.''

Yeah, that's it! That's the one! So we walked to the gate but surprisingly, we had to undergo one big sign which showed ,'' USA CHECK POINT.''

Me : Eh, peliknya benda ni. Why USA check point?

Ili: Alah, betul kan dah checked Gate 306?

Dada: Yelah, betul kot ni.

After contemplating for 6 seconds, we just went through confidently. Yakin sungguh. Then we slumped ourselves on the available seats tiredly and took a nap. After that, I was awaken by the announcement that we can board on the plane. So we queued and Ili was in front. She handed her boarding pass to the officer and she mumbled something to Ili. Then I saw Ili's face changed ( couldnt decide she is panicked or excited due to her hot chocolate consumption at Butlers ). But I felt something was wrong when she hurriedly dragged her bag out of the queue and said dramatically,

''we got the WRONG flight!''

Wrong flight? Wrong flight? But we've already checked, this was supposed to be the right gate. Then we figured out that the plane is heading to... MANCHESTER IN THE USA!!!!

Oh man, oh god, how careless were we for not checking the flight code. Then I panickly checked the time, 6.15 am!!! Shoot!!!! We only had limited time to rush to the right gate. Then we checked the airport screen for the right gate...gate 113!!! What?? That was like at the totally opposite direction. Bak kata orang, di sini timur, di sana barat. Without wasting anytime, we ran like Watson Nyambek with our bags making loud sounds due to the fast speed. ( kononnya ).

I was at the back because I was balancing my delicious cup of Butlers hot chocolate along with the bag. But after seeing Ili and Wahida was 67 meters in front of me, I had this bad feeling that I must throw the hot chocolate to increase my speed. Or else, I might miss the flight. Suddenly, K. A's voice haunted me..

'' If you missed the flight, the next best alternative is...going back by FERRY.''

NOO!!! I dont want to take the ferry! It will cost me one whole day to arrive back at Manchester.Closing my eyes ( and kissed the cup goodbye ), I threw the cup into the dustbin. Wiping tears off my cheeks ( okay, ni tipu ), I increased my speed to match theirs. I felt like I've been running for hours but we still didnt arrive at the gate. Ignoring the fast heartbeat, I ran fastly, letting my scarf being blown by the wind of speed. Gosh, this was scary. Please dont miss the flight. Please dont miss the flight.

At last, we arrived at the gate. Gate 113. Fuh, what a relief! There was still many people queing in front of the gate, So we were not THAT late after all. Flight delayed lah tu, biasalah Ryan Air, haha, gelakku sinis.

But I felt that something was wrong, but I couldnt tell why. My heart told me this was not right (kuasa psychic masuk dlm frame ). Then, suddenly, one officer announced loudly,'' Manchester, Manchester, here! last call!'' he waved at the gate BESIDE the queue we were in. Rupa2nya, salah queue lagi!!! We were queing to go to.... LONDON STANSTEAD!!!! hahaha what the heck was wrong with us??

Luckily, we managed to catch our flight to Manchester...in the UNITED KINGDOM! lol. :)

PS: Special thanks to our friends in Germany ( Acap, Padil, Amir, Hafiz ) and Dublin ( Marsh, Dyla, Tyra, Padi, Tiks, Nasa, M.C hiphop, Bulu, Rasyid, Danny, Casper, Nad, K.A ) who made our stay a lovable experience. U guys are always in our hearts, cewah ;)






7 comments:

  1. haha...wut a nice story....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol time tu memang rasa mcm takut, but now rasa lucu pula mengenangkan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sian nye yas...mse lari2 tu, mst dah tak smpat nak cover ayu bagai kan..hahhaha

    -rizal-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol time lari tu, rasa nak tercabut sanubari, agak cuak lah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. something is seriously wrong with us. careless sangat. remember masa nak pergi amsterdam???we went to the wrong terminal and seperti biasa,terpaksa lari cam watson nyambek ke terminal yg betul...smpai beg i putus kerana terlampau laju.huhu.god...
    -ily-

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha.sorry yas.tertekan "post comment" byk kali.silalah delete one of them kalau rajin,and this one as well :)ily

    ReplyDelete
  7. tu lah, i rasa watson nyambek boleh jadi idola kita. u excited sgt ke sampai tekan 'post comment' byk kali haha. ok, i'll delete it. ;)

    ReplyDelete